Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Two steps forward, one step back...

I knew from previous surgeries that the recovery is never a linear experience. In a perfect world, we would get better in tiny little increments, with no regression. The reality is, sometimes we feel better, but sometimes things get worse. I say this not because things have taken a drastic turn downhill, but rather I am feeling more pain and fatigue today than I would have expected. The reason seems simple.

Yesterday, I felt so good that I reduced the amount of pain medication I was taking. That worked out fine while I was sitting at my desk working. It was less fine when I decided to take a shower and then cook dinner. Both activities, as non-strenuous as they are, really kicked my ass. I seemed to have aggravated my condition, so today I have a bit more pain. Oh well, just have to take more drugs!

1 comment:

adegiulio said...

Just bring the car by the house Blondie. I'm sure I can muster up the energy for you.