Saturday, July 19, 2008

My last weekend for work.

When I saw the weather report for this weekend, I could not have been more disappointed. I don't like the heat, and this weekend is going to be scorching hot. I have a ton of work to do outside since it is the last weekend I will be able to do anything strenuous for a month. The lawn needs to be mowed (all of it, down to the street), the garden needs to be weeded and maintained, and a bunch of other small jobs will be accomplished. It's the first real tangible effect of Thursday's event. I guess this thing is real...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ant,
Good Luck on Thursday. I'm glad to hear that you won't get dumped in a bathtub full of ice after your surgery. That kidney is going to do wonders for the lucky donor. Consider how strong it must be to have been able to withstand the power of the IROC. :) Nancy & I will be thinking of you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

good luck, and give us a full report on Thursday night.

adegiulio said...

Thank you both for the well wishes. Yes, I do think driving the IROC was like calisthenics for the kidneys. I bet Arnold Schwarzanegger's kidneys aren't as plump and juicy as mine...

Be sure to check back for pictures. I plan to have some nudity...