Thursday, January 24, 2008

Time is not quite of the essence...

So, it's been over a month since my last post. While I am a lazy person, don't attribute this lack of posting to my laziness. The truth of the matter is that nothing has happened in over a month. I was approved to donate by the transplant team in December, but we still have not found a recipient. The hospital is trying to maximize my donation by setting up several simultaneous "paired" donations. While this adds complexity to the process, in my opinion it shouldn't take over a month. A conversation with the transplant coordinator, while pleasant, implied that the wait will continue.

I'm in no rush to just hand my kidney over to the next person I meet. I am more than happy to wait for the hospital to help as many people as I can. However, I can't help but feel like time is being wasted. In addition, the wait fosters a slight bit of anxiety in my brain, like knowing that something big is going to happen in a perpetual tomorrow. Patience may be a virtue, but the delay is wearing on me...

No comments: